Take some time to browse through it and notice:
- The homepage slide show that highlights some of the great work we have funded.
- The new and much improved Application Form (PDF).
- Our Awardee page, with links to older Awardee websites, and information and photos from the more recent ones.
- There is a lot of information about the submission process under the Call-For-Entries tab. We will post the next Call dates in the coming weeks.
We awarded 2 more projects in December 2017:
- Mary Berridge of the USA is our Established Artist Awardee. Her project, Visible Spectrum: Portraits from the World of Autism brings us into the world of each young person she photographs. Her portraits are visually compelling and full of nuance and grace.
- Taha Ahmad of India is our Emerging Vision Awardee. His project, mixing his personal history with the religious beliefs in the supernatural powers of the Djinns challenges us to reflect on the role of religion and faith in our lives.
On a personal note, while we miss her work on our Board terribly, we congratulation Chris Baczek on the opening this February of Luminaria, an alternative processes studio here in Salt Lake City, Utah. We wish Chris and Dave the best of luck in this endeavor and look forward to visiting the studio for workshops! www.luminariaslc.com
Please consider a donation to TheDPF. Your support is critical to us. Any amount helps us as we support documentary artists and the work they are passionate about.